About the Library:
Library is one of the most important parts of any academic institution. It is the knowledge centre, the objective of which is to meet the information requirement of the readers and researchers. The library at Farooqia Dental College meets the teaching, research and other academic requirements of the teachers and students of the college. The main aim is to gain more and more knowledge specialization in specific fields of dentistry.
Farooiqa Dental College along with its library was established in the year 1992 at Eidgha, Tilak Nagar, Mysore. The Library is housed on the 3rd floor of the Farooqia Dental College building with a huge area providing for stocking both books, current & back volumes Indian & International journals.
The Library has an area of 6500 sq ft which is well equipped with comfortable furniture. The Library building is well planned to provide sufficient for all the sections of the Library like –
The library is having air conditional good reading environment with facilities of various sections:
- Circulation Section
- Books Section
- UG Reading Halls
- PG Reading Section
- Digital Library
- Current Journals Display Area
- Back Volume Journals Section
- Photocopier Area
- Staff Reading Area
- Librarian Room
- User Property Counter
|Total Number of Books||:||3081|
|No. of Titles||:||1125|
|Total Number of Journals||:||51 (Print) and 40 (Online)|
|Indian Journals||:||12 (Print)|
|International Journals||:||39 (Print) & 40 (Online)|
|Back Volumes||:||38 -Titles, 754-Volumes|
The college has also set up one well-equipped digital library. A digital library has got a large number of E-Journals with internet facility. On regular basis the information is updated that incorporates latest developments and advancements in the dental, medical and healthcare sector. We keep our students abreast with the latest developments taking place across the world.
Reprographics and bibliographies are also created in the digital libraries for further study and research. Digital libraries are also very helpful in systematic classification of subject-wise referrals.
- Online Database – Online library database is a record containing all the books or items which are present in the library. The books available in online library are organized in a systematic way in various categories to help the users find them easily.
- E-books – E-books are text books, journals, research papers and industry books and magazines converted into electronic format.
- Remote Excess (VPN) – Our e-resource has remote access, means users can access the library from other parts of the college too.
- User Manuals – User manual assists the users in using the e-resource and online library.
Mr. Ali K. S, MLISc, (PhD), UGC-NET & SET
Farooqia Dental College & Hospital
Umar Khayam Road, Edgah,
Tilak Nagar, Mysore -570021
Mobile no. 9686618671