The Department was started in 1992 with the establishment of Farooqia Dental College and Hospital, Mysore.
The department offers graduate program (BDS) recognized by the Dental Council of India and three-year postgraduate program (MDS) approved by the Dental Council of India.
To provide health care service of the highest standard to the society by utilising up to date research and technology.
To develop dental professionals of the best standard.
Conservative Dentistry includes treatement of dental caries, fractured teeth, discoloured teeth, malformed teeth, etc.
Endodontics includes treatment of pulpal and periapical diseases.
Deep caraies excaation followed by Direct/Indirect pulp capping.
Class I amalgam restoration.
Class II amalgam restoration.
Class III, V GIC restorations.
Complex amalgam restorations.
Core build up.
Cast restorations – Inlays, Onlays and Crowns.
Endodontic surgery – Apical curettage, Apicectomy, Radisection, Hemisection, Replantation, etc
Special Cases : MTA, Bleaching,etc
Department Lay out:
- Under graduate Preclinical section : 40 phantom head tables for training second year BDS students.
- Undergraduate Clinic: 18 fully equipped electronic dental chairs for training 3rd year, 4th year BDS students and Interns.
- Post graduate Preclinical section : 3 phantom head tables for training MDS students
- Post gradute Clinic: 10 fully equipped electronic dental chairs for training MDS students
- Microsurgery Unit: Global microscope for endodontics with Video display.
- RVG Room: Suni Ray RVG facility.
- Casting and Ceramic Laboratory: Bego Induction casting system & Ceramic Furnace, etc
- Seminar Room : Overhead LCD Projector.
- Post graduate Room: For Post graduate students with locker facility.
- Faculty Rooms: H.O.D Room, Professor Room, Staff Room.
- Sterilization Room: Autoclaves, Dry heat Steriliser, Handpiece Sterilisers, Ultrasonic Cleaner.
- Post graduate Lab : Utitlity lab for impression pouring, etc
- Department Library : Department has a compact library with over 40 speciality books, few main dissertations, library dissertations, and seminars for references.
I year BDS : Dental Materials
II year BDS : Pre clinical Operative Dentistry
III & IV year BDS : Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics – Theory & Clinical Postings
Advanced education in the subject of conservative dentistry and endodontics for graduate dentists to pursue a career of specialization practice, teaching and research.
The postgraduate students are trained with higher standards of clinical and evidence based dentistry.
Facilities for Teaching & Learning Process:
Computer with internet, scanner, and printer facilities, LCD Projector & OHP.
Periodic assignments & Internal assessments.
Chairside Discussion, Workshop, Models, Posters.
Seminars & Journal Clubs.
TEACHING STAFF & PATTERN:
The department has sufficient faculty members who are dedicated in teaching underdraduate and postgraduate students as well as providing dental treatment.
|SL NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||PRESENT DESIGNATION||Email ID||Photo|
|1||Dr.B.G.Yogesh MDS.,||Professor and Heademail@example.com|
|3||Dr.Charithra Shetty MDS.,||Readerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dr.Arun J Kumar MDS.,||Reader||Arunjkumar10@gmail.com|
|5||Dr.Ashwini B MDS.,||Senior Lectureremail@example.com|