Overview of the Department:
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department was established in 1992 with the aim of providing quality oral surgical care and is well equipped to handle maxillofacial cases.
The department offers graduate program (BDS) recognized by the Dental Council of India and three-year postgraduate program (MDS) approved by the Dental Council of India.
To provide health care service of the highest standard to the society by utilising up to date research and technology.
To develop oral and maxillofacial surgeons with the right surgical aptitude.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery deals with various surgical management of dental, oral and maxillofacial region ranging from simple extraction of teeth upto major surgical procedures of face and jaws such as maxillofacial trauma, pathology and orthognathic surgeries.
- Procedures commonly performed by oral and maxillofacial surgery department are
- Simple extraction of teeth
- Surgical extraction of teeth including removal of impacted teeth
- Surgical exposure of impacted teeth for facilitating orthodontic realignement of the teeth
- Surgery as an adjunct to endodontic procedures
- Dental and maxillofacial implants
- Surgical management of cysts of oral and maxillofacial regions. (Enucleation and Marsupilization).
- Management of oral and maxillofacial space infection including inpatient care of the patient.
- Management of Maxillofacial Trauma ranging from simple suturing of wounds to reduction and fixation of fractures.
- Management of Skeletal malocclusions by orthognanthic surgical procedures and with adjunctive procedures for esthetic correction of facial deformity.
- Management of Tumours of oral cavity and jaws
- Management of Salivary gland pathologies.
- Management of orofacial clefts and Temperomandibular joint deformities
- 15 fully equipped dental chairs for training 3rd year, 4th year BDS students and Interns in the Undergraduate Clinic.
- 10 fully equipped electronic dental chairs in the Post graduate Clinic for Performing minor surgical procedures as part of post graduate training which includes 2 chairs for isolation.
- A Well equipped Major Operation theatre with post operative recovery and ICU facility for management of surgical patients under General Anaesthesia.
- Separate wards for males and females with well trained nursing staff for inpatient care.
- Duty doctor room with locker facility for post graduate resident on night duty
- Central Sterilization for all the surgical needs of under graduate clinics, postgraduate clinics and operation theatre.
- Oscillating Saw for osteotomy procedures and implant kit with physio dispenser
- Seminar Room with Overhead LCD Projector.
- The department has separate rooms for H.O.D, Professor and Staff .
- Department has a well equipped library with 30 reference titles.
- Internet facility with scanner and printer in the department.
III & IV year BDS :
Oral and maxillofacial surgery theory along with clinical training in exodontia and minor oral surgical procedures.
Surgical training in exodontia and advanced minor oral surgical procedures learnt by assisting senior surgeons and performed independently depending upon the surgical aptitude of the student.
- Advanced education in the subject of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for graduate dentists to pursue a career of specialization practice, teaching and research.
- The postgraduate students are trained with higher standards of clinical and evidence based surgical practice.
- The post graduates learn from observing, assisting and performing surgical procedures in a staged manner over the period of their training.
- A tie up with General Hospital for training in allied specialites of medical field as applicable to oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Postings for post graduates in reputed oncology institute for exposure to cancer surgery.
Facilities for Teaching & Learning Process:
Computer with internet, scanner, and printer facilities, LCD Projector & OHP.
Periodic assignments & Internal assessments.
Chairside Discussion for special cases
Bedside discussions, management of inpatients and postoperative care
Pre surgical training of suturing, wiring and plating on Dental and Skeletal models.
Seminars & Journal Clubs.
Index cards to encourage reading journals.
Interdisciplinary scientific brainstorming sessions.
TEACHING STAFF & PATTERN:
The department has sufficient faculty members who are dedicated in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as providing Oral and maxillofacial Surgical Treatment
|SL NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||PRESENT DESIGNATION||Email ID||Photo|
|1||Dr.Anees Ahmed N MDS.,||Professor and Heademail@example.com|
2Dr.Pramod Krishna B MDS., Readerdrpramodkrishna2001@yahoo.co.in
3Dr.Santhosh Kumaran MDS.,Readersantoshkumaran@yahoo.com
4Dr. Manu Prasad.S, MDSSenior Lecturermatrix.firstname.lastname@example.org 5Dr.Lakshith Biddappa M. A MDS.,Senior LecturerBidz85maxfax@gmail.com 6Dr.Farheen Naz BDS.,Lecturerfdrrnaaz@rediffmail.com